The beauty of planning a wedding is that there are so many options out there to create the wedding of your dreams. From the traditional religious ceremony to an island destination wedding, the choices available make it truly possible to personalize your day.
Getting married is one of the best days you’ll ever experience, so it’s no wonder that many couples go all out and plan the most extravagant and expensive wedding ever.
Below are top 5 of the most expensive and impressive weddings. The list begins with the number 5 spot.
5. Prince William and Kate Middleton – people from all different zones set their alarms to get up in the middle of the night to watch the royal couple say their “I Do.” On April 29, 2011, the happy couple celebrated their nuptials that cost a total of 33 million dollars. An impressive feature, the cake itself was $80,000.
4. Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhattia – Amit is an investment banker and Vanisha is the daughter of one of the world’s wealthiest people. This Indian couple got married in 2006 at the 16th century Chateau and a temporary wedding castle. Taking place over 5 days, the wedding cost a total of 58 million dollars.
3. Prince Charles and Lady Diana – this iconic couple got married in 1981 in London. The total cost of wedding was 115 million with $600,000 spent on security, $40,000 on the wedding cake and $60,000 on the gorgeous sapphire ring that Diana wore.
2. Seemanto Roy and Chandi Toor plus Sushanto Roy and Richa Roy – this double wedding was held in Lucknow, India in 2004 in front of 1,100 people. Spending an astounding 123 million dollars, there was 110 different dishes for guests to feast on.
1. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum & Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum – this wedding tops the list for most expensive with a price of 137 million. The then groom is the Prime Minister and Vice President of U.A.E. (United Arab Emirates). The wedding was held in Dubai in 1979 at a hall that was built just to accommodate the 20,000 guests.
One might say that these weddings were over the top, but to the couple, the day was just perfect. We’d be delighted to help make your wedding dreams come true with our professional photography services. Give us a call today to learn more.